At Lighting and Locks, we have a very diverse selection of light bulbs for you to pick for your home. Our selection of Compact Fluorescent light bulbs, which are also known as CFL’s, are some of the most popular and energy efficient bulbs that we carry. We’ve compiled a list of things you need to know before buying a bulb like this: such as price, efficiency, and installation tips.
- When purchasing a CFL, take into consideration the bulb’s design, wattage, color, and if it is recyclable or not.
- The bulbs come in many different designs such as A-Line, Spiral, Globe, Indoor, and Post to name a few.
- CFL’s also come in many different base types, such as Candelabra, Medium, GU24 etc.
- Usually, regular CFL’s do not work with a dimmer switch. You must purchase a dimmable CFL to have it work with your switch.
- CFL’s also have a life of over 10,000 hours.
- These bulbs do contain the harmful substance, Mercury. If the glass is broken or isn’t intact somehow, it is better not to touch/use the bulb for precautions against Mercury poisoning.
Have more tips on how to shop for a Compact Fluorescent light bulb? Leave us a comment below!