On Sunday, May 22, 2011, a massive multiple-vortex tornado tore through Joplin, Missouri. Joplin is the hometown of Lighting and Locks and many of our employees also call Joplin home. Thankfully, many of our employees and our business weren’t badly damaged or hurt, but many families lost their loved ones, their homes and all of their belongings on that terrible afternoon in May.
After the tragedy, the crew from Extreme Makeover Home Edition came to Joplin, and Lighting and Locks donated lights to the seven families featured on the January 13 episode of the show. Below are some of the lights we donated to each family.
- The cabin theme home features rustic lighting fixtures by Murray Feiss, Vaxcel, Cyan Designs and a beautiful hand cut crystal bath bar from our Crystorama collection.
- We filled this bungalow with a Jeremiah Brookshire Manor pot rack light, a gorgeous Cyan Designs chandelier, a Quorum pendant globe and a classic outdoor pendant from our Minka Lavery collection.
- We hung stylish eco-friendly lights from Quorum, Cyan Designs, and Trend Lighting in the environmentally friendly home.
- The lights donated to the beach themed home included calming fixtures from our collections of Uttermost lighting, Kichler lighting, Maxim, Craftmade and Trend Lighting.
- Two breathtaking Crystorama brass fixtures were donated to the family in the chic styled home.
- Sticking with its theme, we donated pendants from our Starburst, Larmes, and George Kovacs lighting collection.
- Pendants, chandeliers, table lamps, and wall lights from our Forte, Minka Lavery, Quorum, Elk Lighting, and Crystorama lighting collections fill this wonderful new home.
Everyone at Lighting and Locks would like to thank the Walters, Whitely, Cogdill, Howard, Nevins, Nguyen, and Gonzales-Ely families, and wish them all the best of luck in their new homes.