Saving electricity is important to everyone. Not only does it save us money, but it also helps the environment. Going green is growing in popularity every year and for good reason. Saving electricity is simple to do in the winter and LightingandLocks.com wants to help you save the planet and your pocket book.
- Electric heat can be very expensive. A small electric space heater often uses up to 1500 watts of power. Try heating smaller rooms with a small space heater. Space heaters use far less power and can warm a room pretty well.
- Always be cautious of your lighting. Turn of all lamps and fixtures when not in use and replace your bulbs with compact fluorescent bulbs, which use less power.
- Seal up any windows or doors that may allow drafts to enter your home.
- Use a fireplace or indoor stove. These will heat your house efficiently and cheaply.
- Always dress warmly. Wearing warm layers and clothing built for cold conditions can allow you to turn your heat down lower, cutting costs on heating.
- Insulate your ceiling, since heat generated in your home typically escapes through your ceiling.
Following these simple suggestions can easily cut money off your electricity bill while also helping you become more eco-friendly. When shopping for compact fluorescent bulbs, LightingandLocks.com has you covered.
Have more tips on how to cut the costs during the chilly months? Leave us a comment below!